Re: Missing ENV Variables

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Missing ENV Variables
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 09:59:29 +0900
On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 12:07:46AM -0300, .::. Viperman .::. wrote:
> Hello There,
>
> I'm successfully using LVS with a reverse proxy configuration in apache,
> everything working just fine.
> I just faced a problem, when a user is trying to read the client IP address
> using PHP with the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] variable.
> My RIP is showing up in place of the CIP.
>
> Any ideas on how to work around this problem?

I believe that when proxies are involved you need to check variables
other than REMOTE_ADDR, which will generally be the IP address
of the proxy, as this is acting as an end-user of sorts.

See: http://www.php.net/getenv

In any case the problem should not be caused by LVS as it does
not change the source IP address nor the HTTP headers (or body).

--
Horms