RE: What does the TCP flag NONE mean ?

Subject: RE: What does the TCP flag NONE mean ?
From: "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOUGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:23:37 +0200
Hi,

> But when I connect using a bit of javascript from i.e. (client side) I get
> :
>
> TCP 17:24 NONE 173.19.13.214:0 173.19.15.175:80 173.19.12.243:80

This is the way LVS is managing persitence, by creating a NONE connection in
the connection table.

> And the first connection gets a 404 error, further refreshes work fine,
> and then persistence doesn't seem to work ? Do connections with a status
> of NONE not get put is the persitence table ?
>
> The javascript is refreshing a page from the server every 1 minuted... and
> while I'm at it if you set the javascript to go every 10mins you get far
> more 404 errors.

This looks strange. Your persistence timeout seems to be about 20mn (the
counter is just after the TCP), so 1mn or 10mn should be the same. I would
suspect a problem in the js itself... Did you have a look ath your server
error_log.

> I noticed this post sugested droping all TCP NONE packets as they
> weren't required ?
>
> http://www.in-addr.de/pipermail/lvs-users/2005-February/013235.html

Well, your servers do not receive NONE TCP connections, they are created
locally and are just here for perstence management purposes.

François.