Re: Lvs and Trans-Proxy

Subject: Re: Lvs and Trans-Proxy
From: kwijibo@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:08:10 -0600

I have observed that Cisco routers, alteon L4 switches change only the destination MAC when redirecting traffic. The original destination traffic remains unchanged. However in case of the LVS the destination IP is changed. Am I looking at wrong application?

Basically the only thing a director does in LVS-DR is replace the MAC.
The destination IP information should be the same.

I think you are making this harder then it is.  Why all the redirects
on the Cisco?  Why the private IP space between the directors and
the realservers?  Are you trying to do LVS-NAT?