Re: 5 NICs, 4 Networks, and Only 2 work... Please help

Subject: Re: 5 NICs, 4 Networks, and Only 2 work... Please help
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:27:08 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, James Wells wrote:

A few days later I started adding aliases to NIC2,

this is a long message. Before I start whacking away at it I want
to be sure I'm not wasting my time.

Aliases were last used in 2.2 kernels. They're still around but
they're deprecated. Unless you have a leaf node with just one IP
and a default route, you should be adding IPs with the iproute2 tools.
They're harder to use, not particularly user friendly, but they're
what we have.

Try installing the IPs with `ip addr add`
and the routes with `ip route add`
first incase this is the problem.

Otherwise the answer may be obvious to someone else.

Be careful of setting up an LVS on boxes with iptables rules.
You should be able to setup a standard LVS without them.
Add rules later after you have your base LVS functionality.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!