Re: Ultramonkey & Red Hat Enterprise 4

Subject: Re: Ultramonkey & Red Hat Enterprise 4
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:06:05 +0900
On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 06:56:10PM -0400, Brad Taylor wrote:
> Will there be any problems using Red Hat Enterprise 4 as a real server
> and Ultramonkey? For example any problems with arp that would be
> different then Enterprise 3?

Hi Brad,

Eelco Maljaars sent me this yesterday
http://eelco.prutsclub.nl/computers/ultramonkey-rhel4/

I'm yet to incporate his findings into the documentation on
ultramonkey.org (too much to do, too little time), but in a nutshell,
install the rhel3 rpms, except ipvsadm, drop in Eelco's ipvsadm,
which is just recompiled from the version on linuxvirtualserver.org

http://eelco.prutsclub.nl/computers/ultramonkey-rhel4/ipvsadm-1.24-5.src.rpm

And all should be find and dandy.

Note that RHEL4 has a 2.6 kernel, which means that if you
are using a topology that requires arp adverstisment supression,
then you can either use arptables (the method described for RHEL3)
or arp_announce/arp_ignore (the method described for Debian Sarge).
I prefer the latter, and if you use that you don't need
to install the arptables* packages found on ultramonkey.org.

Feedback on this more than welcome, please let us know
how you go.

--
Horms