Using NFS/SAMBA through LVS in Direct Routung Mode

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Using NFS/SAMBA through LVS in Direct Routung Mode
From: "Pappas, Bill" <Bill.Pappas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:49:33 -0500
Has anyone used LVS to direct (NFS and SAMBA) traffic to a backend
clustered file system (GFS, Veritas CFS, etc)?

Veritas CFS has a Global Locking Manager to allow concurrent nfsd and
smbd process to write to the same file...GLM it is the locking
mechanism.  I'm still looking into how I can work with samba locking
with GLM, but this is not the issue right now.

What I would love to know is if anyone has tried this before?

Thanks,
Bill Pappas
Systems Integration Engineer- (Storage-Backup/Recovery)
Hartwell Center - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
p 901.495.4549
f 901.495.2945

<"No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."> Jedi Master Yoda