Help with lvs-dr + default gateway

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Help with lvs-dr + default gateway
From: Mohamed Lrhazi <lrhazi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:08:48 -0400
Hello,

I had a config working for many weeks... than a problem with a nic on
the machine forced me to reboot and can not get my config to work
again since!!!

To make a long story short, the lvs is running shorewall, ipvs DR and
also default gateway for the real servers....

On LVS, eth0 is public interface, eth1 is private.

a VIP is added on eth1 on LVS and on dummy0 on a real server, with hidden patch.
ipvs is configured to route the VIP to the real server:

ipvsadm -A -t VIP:25 -s rr
ipvsadm -a -t VIP:25  -r 10.0.10.24:25 -g

also on LVS I do:

#I tried with and without this first line
#echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth1/forward_shared
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/forward_shared
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/forward_shared

Now, when I try "telnet VIP 25" frm outside... I see a pcket arrive on
eth0 of LVS, then leave on eth1... reply comes back on eth1 and
nothing else happens!!!

Nothing in the syslog about this traffic at all...

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot... I am going nutts with this...
Mohamed~