Re: newbie trying to setup simple load balancer

Subject: Re: newbie trying to setup simple load balancer
From: sipieter nicolas <niko_2501@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:47:22 +0900 (JST)
--- Ludo Stellingwerff <ludo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> からのメッセ
ージ:

> Yes, I'm talking about the gateway of those MS
> Windows machines.
>
> I presume your network looks like this:

indeed, you're right.

> Internet
> |

> 192.168.2.1
> |
> /-----------------------------------------\
> | | |
> 192.168.2.2 192.168.2.3 192.168.2.4
>

> Then the 192.168.2.2 will NAT the connections to one
> of the
> realservers. The normal return traffic from the
> realservers would
> normally go directly to 192.168.2.1, which is not
> correct.
> By changing the gateway on your realservers to
> 192.168.2.2 you will
> force the return traffic to the correct server.
>
> This kind of network setup is not "simple":)
> Better would be:
>
> Internet
> |

> 192.168.2.1
> |

> 192.168.2.2/192.168.3.1 (two ethernet cards)
> |

> /------------------------\
> 192.168.3.2 192.168.3.3

humm, but, i have a problem with your solution number 2:
i don't know how to tell the linux box how to forward
packets from nic2 (local network) to nic1 (goto internet)

sure your solution no2 looks nice, but..
maybe you could tell me how to do:

 (internet)-----|nic1****lvs-nat****nic2|-----(local)

packets need to come from outside, travel from nic1 to
nic2  and opposite too:  from nic2 to nic1 for going
outside..

looks like very interesting tho, still is kind of black
magic for me ..

 For All Sports Fans!
 http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/yells/