Re: multiple lvs on single interface

Subject: Re: multiple lvs on single interface
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 06:44:34 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Muneer wrote:

In that configuration, we have 2 routers R1 and R2. R1->10.0.0.1 and R2->10.0.0.2. Both are default routers. When R1 fails, R2 has to take over the traffic to R1 and when R2 fails, R1 has to take the traffic to R2. (network is unreachable only when both routers are down). If this is not still clear, let me know.

I asssume then you're up on the problems of dead gateway detection (there are links in the HOWTO). It's not simple, presumably why you're using vrrrp.

Yes. It is not accepting the packet because of the mismatch in MAC address.( I am not changing the original NIC address of the director because I need 2 directors simultaniously. Each instances should accept packet to a particular MAC)

hmm. Don't understand why a router is sending a packet with the wrong MAC address to the director. Is arp not working? Do you know about send-arp?

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!