Re: About SNMP/MIB for LVS (IPVS)

To: Madhusudhan Hebbar <madhusudhan.hebbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: About SNMP/MIB for LVS (IPVS)
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 05:55:46 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Madhusudhan Hebbar wrote:

Hi Is there a SNMP agent already developed for LVS? There was an earlier one lvs-snmp (done using ucd-snmp) that was contributed by http://anakin.swiss-support.net/~romeo/lvs-snmp/

There's also a perl script snmpipvsinfo.pl in the section on MRTG in the HOWTO

I was wondering whether the SNMP agent for LVS with information about IPVS (Indicating about Virtual services and real servers) is already bundled in the IPVS module.

no. People don't seem to use SNMP a whole lot with LVS. I expect it's because people don't use SNMP a lot, rather than it's a bad idea to use SNMP with LVS.

Suppose IPVS MIB/SNMP information is not bundled along with the distribution, and if we need to develop a fresh SNMP Agent for LVS (IPVS), what would be the best way to do so?

there's not a lot of people clamouring for the podium on this, so if neither of these two scripts do what you want,
I'll be happy to include your script in the HOWTO too.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!