Re: About SNMP/MIB for LVS (IPVS)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: About SNMP/MIB for LVS (IPVS)
From: Peter Nash <peter.nash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 13:45:27 +0000
I've been using the lvs-snmp utility for a couple of years to monitor my
directors (along with the snmpipvsinfo.pl script).  However, I've not been
able to get it to compile on more recent versions of RedHat.  It's
currently running on RedHat 8 with net-snmp-5.0.6-8.80.2 which is quite
old and I'm in the process of replacing the directors with machines
running RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 so this is quite topical for me.  I'd
really like to be able to continue to use lvs-snmp but I'm not a C
programmer and I get various "incompatible pointer type" errors when I try
and compile it against the latest ipvsadm / RedHat 4 source which I've not
been able to get past.

Personally I prefer to use SNMP as it sits well with MRTG and NAGIOS that
I use for monitoring.

Regards,

Peter.