Re: IFL CPU spikes

Subject: Re: IFL CPU spikes
From: Dominik Klein <dk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:01:54 +0100
I doubt it's LVS related.

Not saying it is, but it still might be.

I expierence a problem which might be about the same topic. So I figured I'd just write to this thread.

I am using keepalived for load-balancing and from the moment I start keepalived, /proc/loadavg constantly increases to 1.00 1.00 1.00. When I stop it, the values decrease again. As I do not have any clients except for my test-client machine, this is somewhat strange to me.
top says 99,9% idle though ...

I already posted this to the keepalived Mailinglist, but no one responded (this was about a week ago).

My system is a suse linux 10.0 with kernel 2.6.13-15.7-smp on a dual xeon machine.