MySQL Master-Master w/ Slaves

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: MySQL Master-Master w/ Slaves
From: Brent Jensen <brent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:01:08 -0700
My current MySQL configuration uses a master-master replication setup for failover (using a VIP). I now need to move the application reads off to another server. This could be accomplished by moving the reads to the non-master server; however, I would like to place an additional slave server off the current master.

The Question: Can the slave server (not the slave in the master-master server) be replicated off of the master-master VIP? I know how to do it off of the current master (non-vip); however, if using the VIP what happens if the VIP switches to the failover slave (now master)? I'm guessing the replication would get confused since it might not be queuing off of the right replication info. Is this correct or am I missing something?

M -- VIP -- M

Has anyone run into this scenario? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Brent