RE: all clients disconnect when removing a realserver

Subject: RE: all clients disconnect when removing a realserver
From: "Leon Keijser" <errtu@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:02:20 +0100 (MET)
> You could try, if available, toggling the expire_quiescent_template
> sysctl. That ensures that sessions are terminated when a realserver is
> quiesced (weight set to 0) *but* I have a feeling that this will also
> rudely disconnect your users and send them to one of the other servers
> mid-session - I haven't played with it myself.

Nice. This seems to do the trick. I've tested it by having a client connect
through the LVS to a realserver. I then set expire_quiescent_template to 1,
force-disconnected the session and tried to connect again. I was happily
placed on a different realserver! Also, all clients still connected to the
same realserver at that time stayed connected.

I'll have to test some more ofcourse, to see if all other things continue
operating as intended, and report back to this list.

Thanks :)

Léon