Re: The gateway IP

Subject: Re: The gateway IP
From: Pierre Ancelot <pierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:42:05 -0500
Well, i already wrote a notify master and a notify_backup script but it
won't works in the case of stopping the daemon keepalived if it's in
master mode since it won't get back to backup before shutting down, so i
don't have my default routes back as they should

I should develop more i think.

I got two nodes beeing director and real-server at the same time.
So when one is backup, it still also is realserver, so it's default
route to 10.0.1.254 should be brought up.

When it switches to master, this default route should be deleted and the
new one, my internet gateway should then be up (as it'll be inverted on
the other server, shut off internet gateway, bring up 10.0.1.254 as
default gw.)

No other way to do this than calling a notify master/backup to do this ?
because when a server is master and i stop the daemon, it won't
notify_backup before shutting down, and so, won't retablish the default
route as 10.0.1.254 meaning this node will fail when beeing queryied as
it still will be reachable from the master and so, will pass the tcp
check...

Thanks :)