Ultra-Mini-How-To

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Ultra-Mini-How-To
From: Alejandro Bonilla Beeche <abonilla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:07:47 -0600
Hi,

I have 15 Dell 750Mhz boxes that are working fine, but they are now "deprecated" and were given for "testing"... I want to do LVS either Load balancing or performance and I was looking for a really-easy how to or even a Debian package. ;-) This is want I want to do:

Have one Virtual node created by the LVS (if this is what is supposed to do) and by using that box, making the current server to manage the extra "clustered" boxens. Just for the heck of it and to learn.

So:
Is there any easy way to do this? (i.e. RHEL has built package that will easily do this) Is this project already in the kernel itself on 2.6.x? I think I saw something about it even already on 2.4.x Anyone knows a really-easy setup document? I don't want to do anything fancy... (until I get some working)

Thanks for your time and sorry cause I know you get a lot of these emails...

.Alejandro