Re: Suse Enterprise 8 for openpower 64bit

Subject: Re: Suse Enterprise 8 for openpower 64bit
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:15:21 +0100
Hello,

hi, every body. today, i go to customer for service support, they are
application
must be run in Suse Enterprise 8 on IBM openpower 630 and they want to use
cluster,
I prepare use LVS to test, but SLES 8 64bit kernel not support LVS, so must
recompile
kernel, this is my compile kernel order

There should be a /usr/src/linux/README.SUSE if you've installed the kernel RPM.

make oldconfig

I think this was make cloneconfig

make dep

not needed

make menuconfig

Afterwards call make dep clean

make modules           -----do this step, it't always report error, i have
forgot error information.

That's why we have xterms, so we don't need to remember all the output by heart. But I think you should call

make

first, which will generate the necessary header files that are used to compile the LKMLs.

        I don't know which step is wrong, who can tell me right method, thank
you very much. I am so sorry my poor english

So to sum up:

make cloneconfig
make menuconfig and enable LVS (maybe you need to patch it first)
make dep
make clean
make bzImage
make modules

HTH,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc