Re: IFL CPU spikes

To: dk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IFL CPU spikes
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:21:13 +0100
I doubt it's LVS related.

Not saying it is, but it still might be.

I also doubt it's LVS related. This sounds like a typical cronjob. Nathan, what Linux Distro are you using?

I expierence a problem which might be about the same topic. So I figured I'd just write to this thread.

I am using keepalived for load-balancing and from the moment I start keepalived, /proc/loadavg constantly increases to 1.00 1.00 1.00. When I stop it, the values decrease again. As I do not have any clients except for my test-client machine, this is somewhat strange to me.
top says 99,9% idle though ...

I already posted this to the keepalived Mailinglist, but no one responded (this was about a week ago).

My system is a suse linux 10.0 with kernel 2.6.13-15.7-smp on a dual xeon machine.

Might be unrelated but I remember some issues with threads and older 2.6.x kernels showing exactly this behaviour. You might want to upgrade to the latest SuSE kernel.

People should probably really get back to using 2.4.x kernels :).

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc