Re: question on faq 4.18

Subject: Re: question on faq 4.18
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:03:07 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Judd Bourgeois wrote:

HEH.. perhaps I should note that the LVS-NAT director is also the
router/firewall.  The VIP is on the inside interface, so it's technically on
the same segment as the the RIPs, but I'm guessing that since the director
handles it locally, it could just as well be on the outside interface which
would make this a classic 2 network NAT setup.

yes. Otherwise you could view it as an LVS where the router handled the arp problem by only recognising the one VIP.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!