Which failover technique?

Subject: Which failover technique?
From: Matt Chan <engineuity@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:54:43 -0500
Hello,
   I am using an lvs-tun on a debian system. Im attempting to setup
director/server failover in a "fixed arp" situation. I have installed
keepalived for healthchecking/failover,  but it doesnt seem to be working.
Is this a valid method for an lvs-tun, or only for NAT-ting?

In each director I am using single NIC cards, and I would like to monitor
the public ips of the realservers. Is it extremely necessary to add another
NIC card to avoid the tunl between the DIP and the realserver?

Thanks,
Matt Chan