Re: Which failover technique?

Subject: Re: Which failover technique?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:05:34 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Matt Chan wrote:

On 1/23/06, Matt Chan <engineuity@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
   I am using an lvs-tun on a debian system. Im attempting to setup
director/server failover in a "fixed arp" situation. I have installed
keepalived for healthchecking/failover,  but it doesnt seem to be working.
Is this a valid method for an lvs-tun, or only for NAT-ting?

Sorry, to add, keepalived DOES work, it is the connection between the
director and the nodes that I guess doesnt. Keepalived sent me an email
saying that the connection to the node was down and proceeded to pull it out
of the queue. Ill change my question to How do I get my director to converse
with my nodes without adding another nic/occupy another ip?

hmm. I haven't heard of anyone doing failover with LVS-Tun. People rarely use it. Usually with LVS-Tun, the packets go only one way DIP->RIP and NIC holding the RIP doesn't have a route to the DIP. Presumably you should be able to add that by hand.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!