Re: Unable to forward packets

Subject: Re: Unable to forward packets
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:38:45 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Bill Omer wrote:

Thanks Joe for helping me out with this.  I finnaly got it working
now, and here is all that I needed to do.

what were you doing that was wrong?

Joe

Well turns out the problem wasn't with the config on the director, but
the real servers.  Since they were getting packets sent to the VIP and
didn't know what to do with them, they would just drop them.

I assume this was LVS-DR. If they had the VIP that should have been enough.

So once
I created the nat rule with iptables and enabled port forwarding it
was able to redirect the traffic to its self and aswer (and respond)
to the requests correctly.

I suppose doing policy routing would have fixed my problem as well.
But most of the docs said to use aliased interfaces, which in the 2.4
world is apparently wrong.  By the simplest solution was to use the
iptables magic on the real servers.  Once I did that, everything
started to work.

It may be working, but this isn't the way to setup LVS-DR

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!