Re: mon virtualserver.alert UPALERT issue

Subject: Re: mon virtualserver.alert UPALERT issue
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:29:18 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Neamtu Dan wrote:

Hello, I'm back with a strange virtualserver.alert issue.

there's not a lot of people using mon (although it worked fine for me). I'm not using it right now. Once you work out how mon and the alerts work (see the HOWTO), it's just brute force debug statements etc to see what went wrong. It's going to be a lot easier for you to debug your setup than for me to debug it over the mailing list. Have a go and let us know what you found.

Any ideas? I am out of them :)

I know it's no fun being in this spot.

some versions of mon just didn't work at all for me. I could never figure out the problem and just stuck with the version that worked. The version I used is about 5yrs old now and so probably not worth using even if you could find it. Ken Brownfield has a new version of the virtualserver.alert which he's writing up for us and will eventually go in the HOWTO. You might ask him about it.

Good luck

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!