Re: LVS-TUN Long request URL timeout

Subject: Re: LVS-TUN Long request URL timeout
From: Nigel Hamilton <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:18:36 +0000 (GMT)

Hello LVS users/developers,

I have a LVS-TUN setup for HTTP with one director and one realserver.
The setup works perfectly if the request string is short enough but
will hang and timeout if it's too long (around 800 characters or so,
sometime shorter, sometime longer, also depends on whether Firefox,
Opera or IE is the browser)

We experienced this problem too. However we found the problem disappeared when we added more than one real server. We put it down to the scheduling algorithm not working correctly for only one machine - although we're not sure - adding more than one real server seemed to fix the problem though.

Hope this helps ... please let us know your findings.

Nigel
nigel@xxxxxxxxxxx