Re: LVS and RedHat Cluster Suite differences

Subject: Re: LVS and RedHat Cluster Suite differences
From: Subhankar Sengupta <subhankar_sngpt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:30:32 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
  As of my knowledge RedHat uses Piranha for the same purpose.
  Regards,
  Subho Sengupta(Black Pigeon)

Ben Hollingsworth <ben.hollingsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Subhankar Sengupta wrote:
> Hi,
> using heartbeat it is very much possible to set up active/active cluster what
> you need is GFS. LVS is a diffren thing it is releated to load balancing using
> director.
> Rgds
> Subho Sengupta(Black Pigeon)
>
> Ben Hollingsworth wrote:
> My company, whose Linux flavor of choice is RHEL, will be setting up a
> load balanced cluster soon. I've setup a couple HA servers using older
> versions of heartbeat, but I've never messed with LVS for an
> active/active cluster. What, if anything, is the difference between
> stock LVS and RedHat Cluster Suite? I'm assuming that RHCS is based on
> LVS. Have they added anything, or did they merely slap their own name
> on it and start charging extra for support? Anybody out there got any
> first-hand experience with both LVS & RHCS? Any input would be greatly
> appreciated.

Yes, I know what HA and LVS do. LVS is what I want. I'm familiar with
HA, but I don't know enough about LVS to know if RedHat Cluster Suite
adds anything to it, or is simply re-branded.

And I do know enough about LVS to know that GFS is not required,
depending on what apps you're clustering.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)

Celebrate Earth Day everyday!  Discover 10 things you can do to help slow
climate change. Yahoo! Earth Day