Re: keepalived backup issues

Subject: Re: keepalived backup issues
From: Mike Borsuk <mrb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:03:03 -0400
On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 04:50:56PM -0700, William Olson wrote:
> Hmm.. Well, from what I know about it (not much but I got it working) the
> keepalived configs should be identical on both directors (aside from the
> lvs_id that is)..

I know the priorities are used in vrrp advertisements, and lvs uses them to
determine who is the master.  So the backup should have a lower priority.
Also, specifying BACKUP instead of MASTER determines what state the
server should be started in.

That being the said, are you saying that yours maintains one in the master
state and one in backup for each VIP, and fails over properly using
identical configurations on the servers?

--
mrb