Re: keepalived backup issues

Subject: Re: keepalived backup issues
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:17:02 +0100
On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 19:44 -0400, Mike Borsuk wrote:
> Well, I should have mentioned that I have a symmetrical config on the
> backup, with all states set to BACKUP, and priorities lowered to 50, as
> well as a different router id.

The router_id value needs to be the same on each director for each
corresponding vrrp_instance. That value is sent out in the advertisement
and is necessary for the pair of directors to get VRRP synchronised. You
only need different priorities on your primary and failover director.

In fact, you can start both up as MASTER or BACKUP and let them decide
according to priority who does what. Just make sure that the router_id
values are the same for each instance.

Graeme