Re: SSL questions

Subject: Re: SSL questions
From: malcolm <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 06:55:12 +0100

You need a certificate for each domainname on each machine doing SSL. IPs have nothing to do with it. If you have one SSL accelarator box, it's a certificate for each domainname.

Joe
Very true the only thing an SSL box saves you is:
a) You only need to maintain one certificate (although its not hard to copy and paste to 50 servers) b) Possible licence issues with verisign and multiple certs, but I think they've reworded it to screw you both ways these days.

As for performance I find it hard to believe a single SSL accelerator could outperform 50*web servers!