Re: Problems with keepalived

To: Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@xxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problems with keepalived
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 16:02:14 +0100
Hi

On 28/06/2006 15:43, Dr A V Le Blanc wrote:
I have discovered that if I specify the netmask in the virtual_ipaddress
blocks, as some of the configs in the archives do, then the abovementioned
errors go away, and I see in the log files:
<snip>

Decomplicate things a bit:

1. Remove the VRRP authentication completely (if you feel you can).
2. You only have a single VRRP instance; you don't need a vrrp_sync_group. Comment it out.

Start the one assumed to be MASTER.

On the server assumed to be BACKUP, use tcpdump to make sure you can see the announcements - "tcpdump -qn net 224.0.0.0/8" should see you on your way with this. If you can, make sure that you don't have iptables rules sitting there getting in the way of them.

Also, as you don't describe your environment, make sure nobody else on the same network is doing VRRP. If they are, think about your inter-server communication by considering putting the announcements on a private or protected network instead.

Graeme