Re: UltraMoney3 http working great, https not at all

Subject: Re: UltraMoney3 http working great, https not at all
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:15:29 +0900 (JST)
In article <Pine.GSO.4.58.0510081922330.19239@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

[snip, lots of good stuff]

> If I do a solaris 'snoop' on the realserver, I see a brief spurt of
> traffic from my desktop.  Instead of the realserver hostname, I see the
> virtualhost hostname, which I'm assuming is normal since lo0:1 is
> configured with the VIP in DR:

Yes, as you are using LVS-DR this is expected. If you look carefully
these packackets have hte MAC address of the real server, not the
linux director.

> mydesktop.rutgers.edu -> virthost.rutgers.edu HTTPS C port=1222
> virthost.rutgers.edu -> mydesktop.rutgers.edu HTTPS R port=1222
> mydesktop.rutgers.edu -> virthost.rutgers.edu HTTPS C port=1222
> virthost.rutgers.edu -> mydesktop.rutgers.edu HTTPS R port=1222
> mydesktop.rutgers.edu -> virthost.rutgers.edu HTTPS C port=1222
> virthost.rutgers.edu -> mydesktop.rutgers.edu HTTPS R port=1222
>
> That's it.  Any ideas??  Like I said, http/port80 works like a champ...

Its a little hard to tell from that trace (is there a way to have
it show more information, like the SYN/ACK flags and the mac
addresses?), but I suspect that the replies (virtualhost->mydesktop)
are not getting back to mydesktop, even though virtualhost is clearly
sending them, and mydesktop is retransmitting.

Its very very odd that this works with HTTP and not HTTPS :(

--
Horms
H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/          W: http://www.valinux.co.jp/en/