Wierd DNS issue....

Subject: Wierd DNS issue....
From: John Gray <gray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 12:07:39 -0400
Last week I wrote about my http bugging out.  This turned out to be an
issue with persistence and ftp nat module.

I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.16.20.  That issue appears to be gone, but
now I have another issue.

There are 3 real-servers behind my lvs boxes.  One of them won't resolve
non-local names.  It looks the LVS boxes munging it somehow.  The other
two are fine.  I first noticed this yesterday.  I cut over to my other
lvs box, and the issue went away.  Cut back to the guy with 2.6.16.20
kernel, and its still okay.  Until this morning when the same thing
afflicted a different real server.

I find it odd that cut-over and back fixed it to begin with.  I don't
have anything in heartbeat but the main IP address (one of each
interface).  Ldirector doesn't reload or anything.  All ipvs rules are
the same (and haven't been reloaded).

Ideas?  Another new kernel in my future.

Thanks,

John

--
John Gray                           gray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
AgoraNet, Inc.                      (302) 224-2475