Re: Wierd DNS issue....

Subject: Re: Wierd DNS issue....
Cc: sysadmin <sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:57:30 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, John Gray wrote:

Yes, that's correct.  We are LVS-NAT.  I'll go over the HOWTO again.
But this was working fine for months under a 2.4.7 kernel.  This seems
to be new with the 2.6.16.20 kernel.

hmm. the name resolution doesn't have anything to do with LVS or the kernel. It's all handled by the resolver (which uses the kernel). I wouldn't suspect LVS or the kernel initially, Have you changed your /etc/hosts, the various resolver files in /etc/*....? Which name(s) are not resolved correctly - just the VIP or everything?

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!