firewall sandwich load balancing (fwd)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: firewall sandwich load balancing (fwd)
From: David Lang <dlang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:40:36 -0700 (PDT)
I have been diging in the list archives for the last hour without finding the answer so I'm asking directly.

in 2001 this post http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2001-01/msg00322.html asked about load balancing through firewalls and after clarification of the questions was told that LVS would not do the job (in this post http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2001-01/msg00353.html )