Re: firewall sandwich load balancing (fwd)

Subject: Re: firewall sandwich load balancing (fwd)
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 06:46:49 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, David Lang wrote:

I have been diging in the list archives for the last hour without finding the answer so I'm asking directly.

in 2001 this post http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2001-01/msg00322.html

I just reread this post. I don't understand why all the firewalls are where they are (are they just there and you have to fit in with the pre-existing system, or is this optimal for a setup whose purpose I don't understand). As well the poster doesn't seem to understand the packet flow of LVS (or I don't understand his posting). With this as input to the mailing list, he's guaranteed an answer of "no".

I'm not finding it in the several hunder posts that I've read that google found for me in the list archives, could someone point out where to find the information? (this would be a good addition to the wiki for the examples page as well)

How about a description of your system and an explanation of why the firewalls aren't transparent,

P.S. count this as a vote against having a subscribers-only list. I almost decided it wasn't worth it and didn't subscribe to send this message. the last thing I need is yet another mailing list filling my inbox when I just need a simple answer

Subscribing to a mailing list for what you hope is a simple answer to a simple question is a real pain indeed. However if you've searched several hundred postings and not found an answer, you can only conclude that the problem is trivial or hasn't been solved. You should be prepared for a complicated answer. You say what you don't want, but you don't give us any information about what would work for you. We're happy to help, but we can't do anything with a statement like this.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!