Re: LVS-NAT + SNAT is it impossible?

Subject: Re: LVS-NAT + SNAT is it impossible?
From: malcolm <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:43:53 +0100

I think this is what F5 calls SNAT mode (which confuses LVS people), it's really nifty and flexible
and I don't see why it can't be done at layer 4 with LVS...
But LVS would need to be moved to the Forward chain rather than the INPUT one. Pretty similar to LVS-NAT so not really a proxy (it's not looking at the packet contents) I think it would be a massive improvement.. I'd even consider sponsoring someone to do it?

F5 will also check the response of the real server and if it fails re-send the commands from the cache to another server...
nice but definitely layer7 proxy stuff...

Regards,
Malcolm.

Graeme Fowler wrote:

Surely what you're asking for is a proxy rather than a director?

Graeme