Re: Using LVS to forward HTTP from port 80 to servers runningonport 81

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Using LVS to forward HTTP from port 80 to servers runningonport 81
From: "Travis Melhiser" <tmelhiser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:03:20 -0400

Unfortunatly, there is already a web server running on port 80.

In this scenario, we have several applications running out of different web servers.

The web servers running on port 80 do just fine when configured to pass directly from the VIP to port 80 on the RIP servers.

The next set of web servers are configured to run on port 81. We need a VIP that listens on port 80 and balances all the traffic to port 81 on the RIP servers with web servers listening on port 81.

Thanks,

-Travis