LVS-NAT and policy routing

Subject: LVS-NAT and policy routing
From: David Black <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:24:40 -0500
I'm using LVS 1.2.0 as included with CentOS 4.3 (kernel 2.6.9), and
LVS-NAT where the director has multiple outbound routes/Internet
connections.  A few other services running on the director make use of
policy routing so replies are routed out the connection on which they
arrived.  However, LVS seems to ignore my policy routing, confirmed by:

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html#brownfield

I looked at his included patch but the LVS code seems to have
substantively changed since then and it's not clear how I could apply it
to LVS 1.2.0.

The problem is indeed that return packets from real servers just use the
machine's default route.  I've tried using fwmark in the mangle
prerouting table and a corresponding ip rule, as well as multiple
separate internal networks for the director plus policy routes for those
 networks to direct forwarded traffic out a particular connection,
depending on the internal network from which a real server reply arrived
(assuming normal routing may be occurring before LVS rewrites the source
address on real server replies).  Neither work.

My question is, are there any effective workarounds for this behavior,
and/or possible updates to LVS functionality with which I can patch the
CentOS 2.6.9 kernel?

Thanks in advance!

Dave