Re: LVS-NAT + SNAT is it impossible?

Subject: Re: LVS-NAT + SNAT is it impossible?
From: "Paulo F. Andrade" <pfca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:43:16 +0100

On 2006/07/13, at 09:43, Graeme Fowler wrote:

Paolo

On 11/07/2006 17:23, Paulo F. Andrade wrote:
That's not quite what i'm looking for.
What I want is the following:
- for inbound connections i want packets with CIP->VIP translate to DIP->RIP - for outbound connections (the responses from the real servers) packets with RIP->DIP translate to VIP->CIP

Let me get this straight: you want the client connections to be SNATted on the way out of the director towards to realserver so that they appear to come from the director, not the client; then on the way back you want them to be both SNATted and DNATted so the response to the client comes from the VIP?

Yes!
Surely what you're asking for is a proxy rather than a director?

Well, yes! But a proxy with a flexible load balancing.
I currently have a solution that works. I just wanted to know if this was possible. I guess not :).

Graeme