RE: ldirectord works for HTTP but Not FTP

To: "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robinson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: ldirectord works for HTTP but Not FTP
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 07:10:31 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006, Robinson, Eric wrote:

Read it? I thout you wrote it. :-)

yes, but much of what's in there I pass on from people who are likely to know. Wensong, who wrote that piece of code, made that statement, but now I realise that if it's true, I don't know how active ftp is handled. I don't remember all of the HOWTO and I don't have the time to test everything. For about 2yrs in there, the ftp code behaved differently in my hands from the expected behaviour. The code was fixed and since then there haven't been any complaints from the general populace, so I've assumed everything was working. At least there are other people running production LVS ftp servers that I've heard of (I don't know the forwarding methods).

Do you have

o no ipvsadm rule accepting ftp

I think I do. At least, the log appears to show the correct ipvsadm
commands being issued,

The logs aren't the authority on the matter. What's the output of `ipvsadm`?

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!