Re: connecting through the lvs twice - failover fails

Subject: Re: connecting through the lvs twice - failover fails
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:14:20 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Sebastian Vieira wrote:

Hi,

I've setup LVS-NAT for telnet sessions and LVS-DR for rdp (ms terminal
server). Now i have these connections:

[client] -- [lvs] -- [rdp server] -- [lvs] -- [telnet server]

I assume you've read about such setups in the HOWTO?

Now i do a forced failover (stop heartbeat process) on the active node

active director? active realserver?

and then things get 'weird' (at least, for me). Usually the telnet connection stays up, but the rdp connection drops. Problem is that when a telnet session is started from within the rdp session, the user gets back into the rdp session, but the login has to be kicked off the telnet server manually.

is this connected to the failover problem?

My question:  is this a workable setup, or is it doomed to fail?

I don't know anything about rdp so can't say. Make sure you understand the problems of realservers being clients in an LVS.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!