Re: LVS to Hostname

Subject: Re: LVS to Hostname
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 13:54:47 +0000
Hi

On 20/12/2006 09:10, Kalpin Erlangga Silaen wrote:
Is it possible to make LVS listen only for hostname and not for IP ? For example, I was create LVS and work very well with VIP 202.43.87.2 and I have setup www.abc.com to this IP. Now, I just want allow people to open http://www.abc.com. If they open http://202.43.87.2 they will redirect to other site ?

The answer to the first question is "no".

The answer to the second question is "it depends".

LVS is a router. It is not application aware. In your case, if you had (for example) only one website on your realservers with hostname www.abc.com, and this was the default site, then going to the IP address will display the site for www.abc.com.

If you configure your webserver appropriately, you can do all sorts of things depending on the host visitors request. This is, however, all done at the webserver and not via LVS.

Graeme