Re: [lvs-users] Need help determining if LVS is for us

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Need help determining if LVS is for us
From: Malcolm <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:39:20 +0100
Rio,
> If so, is there a 'best model'? I suspect the NAT model would be what we need.

Or do the NAT on your firewall and use DR.
> The control box would be a 2 processor dual-core opteron so it effectively
> would have 4 processors and maybe 8gb or more ram.

Good grief! Why not just use 2 servers  P4, 1GB RAM (or less) control
boxes as a high availability pair?
> Do you think we could get away with one 'control' box considering the
> bandwidth usage? All internal networks are gigabit. If needed we can easily
> feed the control box via more than one 'public' interface separated by
> networks.

DR yes, NAT probably you said 70GB/mo each? doesn't sound a lot and
doesn't mean much how many GB/s & connections/s?

> Once I have some guidelines, I will know where/how to study and begin
> implementation/testing. At this moment I am ignorant of clustering
> technology, I only have an idea what I want to do.

Always a good way to start.

Regards,
Malcolm.