Re: [lvs-users] Heartbeat + LVS: need to reload config

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Heartbeat + LVS: need to reload config
From: "Chad Morland" <cmorland@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:45:52 -0400
On 6/25/07, Tomas Hoger <tomas.hoger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 6/23/07, Chad Morland <cmorland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Is there a way that I can reload the ldirectord process without failing
> > over? I have autoreload=no and I don't want to turn it on.
>
> I guess it should be possible to do /etc/init.d/ldirectord restart or
> just ldirectord restart.

The problem is that ldirectord is not started by the usual init scripts, it
is started by heartbeat. The instructions I followed to setup LVS +
heartbeat had me specifically disable the /etc/init.d/ldirectord script from
running due to heartbeat.

# ps -ef |grep ldirectord
root     15015     1  0 07:26 ?        00:00:13 /usr/bin/perl
/etc/ha.d/resource.d/ldirectord ldirectord.cf start

Passing the reload option to that script seems to have no effect.

-CM