Re: [lvs-users] help! lvs works as it should (timeouts)

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] help! lvs works as it should (timeouts)
From: "Sebastian Vieira" <sebvieira@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:09:12 +0200
On 7/18/07, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> as to your subject line. Most people are posting asking for
> help, so we don't need to be told again. The exclamation
> mark isn't needed as we'll decide how urgent the problem is.

You're absolutely right, and i hereby apologize for putting such a vague
topic.

But also pardon me for saying this: i will decide the urgency of my problem
while you can/will decide the urgency of the solution. Saying that you will
decide how urgent my problem is, is kind of arrogant in my opinion. I
understand how busy you are, but please note that i'm not holding anyone
responsible or demand (immediate) support. I'm only posting a question and
have faith that together we'll find a solution. The exclamation mark didn't
mean anything other than trying to be a little 'light' about the entire
subject.

I do appreciate your help and I will take care next time in formatting the
topic. Enough about this then.

>> Except that now all of a sudden, RDP connections that have been idle for
> >> more than 5 minutes (the default ipvsadm --set timeout?) get
> disconnected.
>
> have you increased the idle timeout?

Yes i have. After finding out about this 'new' development, i increased the
timeout to 3600 seconds after which clients weren't disconnected anymore. Or
they are, but they haven't told me about it anymore (which is also fine by
me). I'm only slightly concerned about the maximum amount of connections
handled by LVS   (connection table size).

I will first try out Graeme's suggestion with tcpdump to provide more
information.

Thanks,

Sebastian.