Re: [lvs-users] keepalived: LVS-DR split brain w/firewalls up

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] keepalived: LVS-DR split brain w/firewalls up
From: Gerry Reno <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 10:55:36 -0400
Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> how have you stopped the two directors from talking to each
> other?
>
> Joe

I was hoping someone could tell me. I just brought up the firewalls on
the directors and instant split brain. What port/protocol do the
directors use to communicate with each other? I understand how the
traffic is routed that comes into the directors but does the firewall
need some settings so the directors can talk? Don't they just use some
type of multicast? Can the firewall block this? Sorry if this is
something really basic that I'm missing here. I'm not a network expert.

Gerry