Re: [lvs-users] Some users slow loading..

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Some users slow loading..
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:33:25 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Dan Baughman wrote:

> There are some users that when acessing my page through
> the load balancer experience a 45 second load time, but
> when going directly to either server takes only ten
> seconds. I'm doing one nic, two network type load
> balancing. (we have one loadbalancer and two real servers)

this mysteriously happens sometimes. There's always some
rational explanation after the fact, but it isn't obvious at
the time. It happens because there are 3 nodes involved in
making a 2 node connection. Things that are taken for
granted in a 2 node connection don't always work in a 3 way
connection.

You may have to feret it out yourself. Possible things are

o someone has to do DNS and it's failing

o you have identd on the realserver (turn it off)

o there's some routing wierdness and icmp's etc are having
to figure out the right path.

> If this sounds like it might be a configuration issue, let
> me know and I can post my conf.  I used the configure
> script "lvs_dr.conf.one_NIC_two_network"

if it was LVS-Tun, then there is the MTU problem, but LVS-DR
doesn't cause these problems.

Are the users having the problem all on one network -
are they behind "wierd hardware" (see the HOWTO).

What's in common with the one's having the problem?