Re: [lvs-users] Some users slow loading..

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Some users slow loading..
From: "Dan Baughman" <dan.baughman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 15:00:26 -0600
Thanks for the suggestions so far,  here is what the dumps yielded.

I'm using ethereal to look at a side-by-side comparison of a healthy
conversation  and one of the delayed conversations.  The
delayed conversation has two tcp packet types that the normal conversation
doesn't:
           1) A lot of duplicate acks from the client to the server
           2) TCP Retransmissions from the server to client.

It seems that there is a lot of traffic being duplicated and received by the
real server twice.  This isn't occuring when they access the realserver ip
to view the site.  The extra load time is occuring after the server receives
such a duplicate ack, its a pause of about 3 seconds, then a tcp
retransmission occurs.

~Dan