Re: [lvs-users] Autentication squid + LVS

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Autentication squid + LVS
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:50:27 +0100
On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 09:41 -0300, maike wrote:
> i have two situations .... I use NTLM for clients the S.O Windows, the
> clients dont need to enter
> user/passwd because use single-syn-on. but the users with s.O LINUX/MAcos
> enter with
> user anda password,

The simplest way to work around this, given a large enough pool of
clients, is to use persistence with a timeout appropriate to your
organisation.

That way, a given client goes to realserver (squid) A and uses it
exclusively until they idle outside the persistence timeout. They then
get assigned to another realserver (which may be realserver A again) and
may be asked to authenticate again. You could explain this to your users
thus:

If you stop web browsing for more than 60 minutes, you may be asked to
authenticate again to continue.

Graeme