[lvs-users] ldirectord postgres check?

Subject: [lvs-users] ldirectord postgres check?
From: "Dan Brown" <danb@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:21:09 -0600
I've a need to update a PostGres database on a regular basis and I am trying
to figure out how exactly to setup ldirectord for this.  It's currently
setup on one host but we'd like to spread it out across several using
pgcluster as well as have the ability to connect to whichever hosts are
hosting it via ldirectord direction.

My config for this is:

# PostGres Interface
virtual=216.94.150.120:5432
        real=216.94.150.8:5432 gate
        real=216.94.150.7:5432 gate
        persistent=3600
        service=pgsql
        request="SELECT * FROM lvs_check"
        receive="1"
        login="******"
        passwd="******"
        database="*****"
        protocol=tcp
        checktype=negotiate

It seems that I cannot seem to find any heartbeat logging of postgres
connection attempts.  I've gone up to "debug 9" in ha.cf but still am not
seeing anything about postgres attempts.   The required perl modules are all
installed and I've manually used the ldirectord perl code from the heartbeat
source to successfully connect but still no luck.  I've also tried both with
and without the receive string (although what entirely the receive string
should be is not entirely clear) seeing as the man pages may have a typo or
two forgetting to mention pgsql.

Dan Brown
danb@xxxxxx