[lvs-users] LVS-NAT with Windows 2003 realservers

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS-NAT with Windows 2003 realservers
From: Anthony <asturchio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:50:20 -0400
I currently have a LVS-NAT web cluster up and running with two directors
(HA) and three real server nodes, all running CentOS linux.  Its been
performing well over the last 6 months.

Now I am trying to add two windows 2003 realservers into the mix, and I
just cant seem to get it to work.  Ldirectord seems to be routing  to
the realservers correctly.  I suspect that windows is simply not routing
back through the director.

I have a 2 network NAT setup.  The difficulty is that there is an actual
gateway on the private network.  Windows is somehow defaulting to that
gateway even though it is set to use the director as the default
gateway, and all other routes have been removed.  When I do a tracert it
shows it uses the router as the gateway instead of the director.  My
linux realservers correctly show the director as the first hop in a
traceroute.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to block windows from using the
router as the gateway?  I believe its only ip-ip LVS that is
incompatible with windows 2003, so NAT should work, right?

Here's the setup:

There is a router with an address of 10.10.240.1 that is used as the
gateway for the other machines on the private network.

LVS Director:
eth0: 69.x.x.20/24
eth1: 10.10.240.20/24
gw: 69.x.x.1